socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

How do you protect your home from a non dischargeable summary

How do you protect your home from a non dischargeable summary judgement
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.
Assuming that this is really a nondischargeable debt, and that you are in pending litigation for a summary judgment, then there is only one way to escape -- and, that is to literally escape: sell the property fast and move out of the USA to someplace that doesn't cooperate with U.S. courts (Nevis, Caymans, etc.).

Anything else that you would try at this point could be voided as a "fraudulent transfer."

Note: I'm not encouraging you to commit a fraud, here. You have asked an impossible hypothetical, and I don't know enough about the underlying case facts to suggest any other possible actions.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.