You will need to provide:
1) a list of the names, and addresses, and the last 4 numbers of the account numbers for all creditors;
2) the year, make, model, and Kelly Blue Book value of all cars;
3) paystubs for the past 6 months;
4) federal tax returns for the past 2 years;
5) a list of all financial accounts (bank accounts, stocks, pension accounts, etc.).
The Bankruptcy process:
1) take a "Credit Counseling" class - a 60 minute class accessible online;
2) file the Bankruptcy petition has with the court, along with the Credit Counseling Certificate;
3) about 30 days after the petition is filed, you have to attend a "creditors' meeting", where you will be asked questions about your petition - mainly things like "is everything in the petition true", "has anything changed since you filed the petition", etc;
4) take the "Debt Management" class - also 60 minutes online - and file this with the court;
5) Receive the "Discharge" notice about 6 months after the case is filed.
Edited by cfortunato on 9/3/2010 at 12:22 AM EST