Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I would like to file chapter 7. I have two cars with pink

I would like to file chapter 7. I have two cars with pink slips. However, they belong to my stepsister. She bought them for me, myself and my teenage son, since my credit could not afford me those cars. She paid them off and transferred titles to me a few months back. However, I am making payments to her still, about $750 a month for both cars. How should I deal with this? Should I transfer titles back to her or to my other sister, or should I have my stepsister provide a notarized letter claiming such fact? Thank you.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
can you provide proof of payments to your sister?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I give her cash for the past couple months since she transferred titles to me. Also, before she paid off the cars, I made payments straight to Toyota Finance Company, electronic payment from my checking to Toyota. The reason she paid off the cars was because she did not want me to incur interests.
You will have to prove to the court, that she has ownership interest and is owed the monthly payments, it would be best to have the title put into her name, and prior to filing make checks payable to her, to show the court she owns the lien.