Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I need for my mother who is 88 and in poor health a pro bono

Customer Question

I need for my mother who is 88 and in poor health a pro bono Lawyer who can represent here in court. My mother can't take the pressure a court appearence would cause. I'm afraid for her health. If she doesn't show up a $23,000 dollar lean will be put against the house along with the two others. A lawyear wants 1,500 to go to court for here to ask for a bankrupicy. Sincerely Micharl J Freeman Tel:XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi Customer,

There are some organizations that provide pro bono assistance for low income clients. I may be able to help you find one if you provide your mother's location.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please help us if you can in locating a pro bono lawter to take on the case of a bankrupcy. we have tried looking up in the data bases you suggested and still can't find a lawer that will take the case for zip. they all wan't at least $1,500 to start.

I didn't realize you already asked this question. I don't have an additional answer, so will send this question back for someone else to answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The bankrupcy lawers I have contactded don't take pro bono cases the want $1500 up front. do you have contacts or know in the Easton,Ma. area a lawer that has some compassion.

No, I do not. But I sent this question back to see if anyone else knows someone.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is someone still working on the bankrupcy problem?

Are their any lawyers out there that can help my mother and me.

Again my mother is 88 years old and in bad health.

She can not stand the stress of the trial!

Still waiting to see if anyone knows.