Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

1. Will i get priorty over other claims that dont have a judgement

Customer Question

1. Will i get priorty over other claims that don't have a judgement? 2.How does the Chase judgement that is listed as a co-debtor come into play? 3.what does co-debtor mean? .besides Chase , i am the only judgement.. Mine is for 125,000, chase is for 230,000--4. and is it not necessary to domesticate the judgement becasue of the bankruptcy laws? becasue if he did not file bankruptcy i know that my judgement would not be good. is it recognized from other states becasue this is Federal bankruptcy? Im confused
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
1. Will i get priorty over other claims that don't have a judgement?
no. Claims are not given priority based upon whether there is a judgment or not a judgment

2.How does the Chase judgement that is listed as a co-debtor come into play?
it is another unsecured creditor that will share pro rata in the distribution

3.what does co-debtor mean?
it means that another entity or person is liable for the debt in addition to the bankrupt person/entity

.besides Chase , i am the only judgement.. Mine is for 125,000, chase is for 230,000--4. and is it not necessary to domesticate the judgement becasue of the bankruptcy laws?
yes

becasue if he did not file bankruptcy i know that my judgement would not be good.
understood

is it recognized from other states becasue this is Federal bankruptcy?
Yes

Im confused
I hope this helps
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can my judgement serve as a judgement against him to collect when he starts earning money again? -- besides what they uncover in the bankruptcy?

He is working now , but . I actually think he might end up in jail becasue the FBI is investigating him for fraud--and now he has been caught hiding assets. .

when will I get officiol notice to file my proof of claim? I just happened to get a clerk on the phone today and they said that they discussed this at a meeting just today that they found assets

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

no typically not

when will I get officiol notice to file my proof of claim?

I do not know -- it will depend upon the trustee

I just happened to get a clerk on the phone today and they said that they discussed this at a meeting just today that they found assets