Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I live in Oregon. Filed Chapter 7, one year ago Discharged.

I live in Oregon. Filed Chapter 7, one year ago Discharged. Am trying to Refi My home and can not because a former Auto creditor has lien of 46,000$ agaisnt Title on home. What do I do to get this lien off Title of house, as the debt was discharged, and the Title company won't accept that?

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

A chapter 7 bankruptcy would avoid your personal liability on the debt but would not avoid the lien itself. If the lien was filed prior to your bankruptcy, the lien would remain on your property unless you filed a motion in the bankruptcy proceeding itself to avoid the lien to the extent impaired your homestead exemption.