Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I filed bakruptcy in florida. Can i still obtain state or

I filed bakruptcy in florida. Can i still obtain state or county electrical license to qualify my company. Somebody told me you cant,is that true?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Can you tell me whether you filed bankruptcy on a company that you qualified or whether it was a personal bankruptcy unrelated to your business
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
chapter 13 personal
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I understand why you were advised that you would be unable to obtain an electrical contractor's license after a bankruptcy in Florida. At one time a license would not be granted if the prospective licensee had filed bankruptcy within 5 years of the application and that bankruptcy had resulted in a loss to a consumer. That is no longer the law. At this time the Licensing Board cannot consider the past or present bankruptcy of an applicant.

Here is the advisory legal opinion:

Please let me know if you need further assistance