Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Hi, when i was 17 i went to the hospital and since i was underage

Hi, when i was 17 i went to the hospital and since i was underage my dad had to sign and take responsibility for everything, when the bill was not paid, the collection agency started calling my dad and so on. Well it never got paid and now that i am of age the bill has carried over to me. Is this possible?

No, you're not financially responsible for the debt because it was incurred when you were a minor.

You can voluntarily agree to pay it, but they can't sue you for it because of your age at the time the debt was incurred.

If the treatment came from a state, city, county or other government owned hospital, there is no statute of limitations, so the debt can hang around forever.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So in this case what can i do? the bill seems to affect my credit a lot

You can write them a letter denying that you're responsible for the debt and also demand that they cease contacting you about this uncollectible debt under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.