Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

what a reasonable request to vacate or dismiss a 341 meeting

what a reasonable request to vacate or dismiss a 341 meeting that on 8/12/10
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Are you the debtor? Do you want to withdraw your bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes I'm the debtor - my dilema is I want to withdraw. 1st because I've caused a major damage to my sister property because she had listed us on the deed to her home. with my own personal problems and debts I decided to file i stated my home property and etc. after i submittd I didnt remember about sister's home. NOw my situation is that It will look as if im hiding asset which this property isn't mine nor my other sister listed. I inquired with another atty but he said it would be to late, that I had to amend to disclose property. Also it would be seized. this is a nightmare my sister is inferieted with me. I need help

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Typically if you do not attend your 341 hearing, the trustee will make a motion to dismiss the bankruptcy. If you do not object to the dismissal, the bankruptcy will be dismissed.

However if the trustee is aware that there are assets available for distribution to creditors if you were to continue the bankruptcy, he will not make a motion to dismiss. In that case you can as of right convert to a chapter 13 bankruptcy and then as of right dismiss your bankruptcy.

Edited by FLAandNYLawyer on 8/2/2010 at 6:29 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how can you find out if the trustee has the information on hand?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Typically the trustee would only have the information at this stage if you had provided it to him
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How many properties can a person own and be protected from creditors?

can a property exemption be updated to 150,000.00?

If I have a business and I'm being sued for a debt in 2008 can I apply that to my Individual bankruptcy that I owe. Would this be questionable to the trustee?

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

J.A. policy requires that you start a new thread for a new question. Please accept the answer and then you may start your new question in a new thread