cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

Hello this is Marvelous57. And my question for a bankruptcy

Hello this isCustomer And my question for a bankruptcy lawyer.My concern is one of the creditors has filed an objecting of discharge to try overturn the trustees motion he want's to fight and try to keep me from getting my homestead trying to prove that I have been out of the home for two and half years. And I was but not by chose but by tragedy and I have proved this to the trustee in the B.R case. And the trustee agreed and I got to keep my homestead and my 50% of the property and I wrote him off with a discharge of 240.000 dollars I know he will fight this in his appeal.Is there something I need to do about this or wait to appear in court on his appeal.I will also be representing my self. And he will be representing himself as no lawyer would take the case. Thank youCustomer
Hi marvelous,
The best thing you can do to prepare for the motion is to look over the Bankruptcy petition and make sure you are familiar with everything in it, because the only way the creditor can contest the discharge is to prove there is something in the petition that is not true. This means he or the trustee may ask you questions about the information in the petition, and you want to be able to readily answer those questions.
You might also want to gather all relevant paperwork that the information in the petition was based on, in case you are asked to prove anything in the petition.