socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

so is there any other reasons (besides the ones you listed)

so is there any other reasons (besides the ones you listed) about assets and debt that can keep them from letting you file a chapter 13?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

The big reason is generally that the amount of income is insufficient to satisfy the plan payments. That is, if you don't have enough income to bring the first mortgage of your principal residence current during the bankruptcy plan, then your plan cannot be confirmed, and you will be forced into a Chapter 7 (or, your case dismissed entirely).

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.