Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer Now.
At the link above you will find a sample you can use as a go-by.
Please click "Accept" so that I can get credit for this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge. Thank you.
This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .
OBJECTION TO DEERE AND COMPANY’S MOTION TO LIFT STAY
COMES NOW, xxxxxxxxxxxx, affirming the following to be true and correct and showing the Court as follows:
1. I am not represented by an attorney in connection with this Objection.
2. There is no intention to mislead, hinder, delay or defraud any creditor or the Court in this matter.
3. The property in question is necessary to complete the Chapter 12 plan.
4. Said Plan has been agreed upon to the satisfaction of all parties and is pending confirmation.
5. Total value of property in question as declared by Deere and Company is $194,000.00.
6. Total contract payoff balance as declared by Deere and Company as of June 23, 2010 was $149,919.56.
7. Deere is adequately protected.
8. No request for inspection has been refused.
9. The property has been inspected twice: once during wheat harvest, June/July 2008, and again after fall harvest in early winter 2009.
10. Property may be viewed and inspected during regular business hours at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at the request of John Deere.
11. Property is fully insured by Farmer’s Alliance. Agent may be contacted for confirmation at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
12. I am competent to complete the Chapter 12 Plan and Settlement agreement as proposed and fully intend to do so upon Plan confirmation.
13. All payments will be made as agreed once Chapter 12 Plan is confirmed.
14. In the event that the Motion to RESTORE THE CASE TO CHAPTER 12 AND CONFIRM THE REORGANIZATION PLAN is denied, Property is necessary to complete fall harvest and fulfill obligations in Chapter 7.
I, Edward William Bange, herewith request that the Court deny DEERE AND COMPANY’S MOTION FOR RELIEF FROM AUTOMATIC STAY; and that the Court provide such further relief as to the Court seems just, fair and equitable.
You may want to attach an affidavit with supporting facts for each statement that you are making.
In other words, if you say "There is no intention to mislead, hinder, delay or defraud any creditor or the Court in this matter", what facts, that are within your personal knowledge, can you state under oath to support that statement. This is just one example.
If you say Deere is adequately protected, what facts support that statement.
Sample affidavit form to use as a go-by at the link above.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).