Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

My husband and I are looking at filing bankruptcy in NV for

My husband and I are looking at filing bankruptcy in NV for our credit card debt due to him being laid off from his job. We are in the middle of trying to modify our home loan. Should we wait until this is done or can we do it now?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
you should wait till the modification process is over, as that will stop any modification process from going through, as your credit will clearly indicate the filing, if you cannot wait, you can file a chapter 7, and reaffirm the mortgage, meaning still pay the current mortgage and continue to proceed with a modification, but it would be harder.