cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

I received damaged furniture. the company assured me they would

I received damaged furniture. the company assured me they would make it right. 2 other deliveries were damaged worse than the first. The company then goes bankrupt. I refused to pay the account I wanted to return the furniture. The credit company sold the debt, now they are taking me to court. BTW- the furniture company filed for Bankruptcy protection 18 days prior to the purchase. No one advised me of that. This has been a 4 year ordeal.
Hi JACustomer,
What is your legal question, please? (What would you like to know?)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do not feel I should have to pay for damaged furniture. The company went bankrupt and the Credit card company does not want to take the furniture back or discount the bill.I feel I have a breech of contact case and fraud. As a consumer I have the right to be happy with my purchase, which I have never been. We were negotiating returning the furniture, they went bankrupt. I disputed the charges with cc company and they wanted me to get 3 estimates to fix it. Estimates were $125 each and I was not spending any $$ to fix the furniture. Then they sold the debt to another creditor who does not want to deal either..I tod them we should go to court then. And we are.

I feel I am teh victim here and the new collection company has a complaint against the first company not me. They sold them an uncollectable debt.

So basically, I want someone to come and take the furniture and a full credit be issued to me.

Yes - I understand the problem - and I agree with you. But I am not sure what question you want answered.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok Am I repsonsable to pay the bill?

In my response back to the court I asked for a dismissal of the case as well.

According to the information you provided, you are not responsible for paying that bill, as you never received what you were supposed to receive. In other words, the store breached the contract that you had, so you should not have to pay.
However, you now have to prove to the court that you are not responsible for this bill. If you explain to the court exactly what happened, the court should rule in your favor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your time.. This exactly what I thought. What i sent you was the condensed version and for that alone I felt I should not have had to pay the bill.

Thank you for your time.. DS

You're welcome! And thank you for accepting my answer!