How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sate PA An individual owns a house and has a mortgage in

Resolved Question:

Sate PA

An individual owns a house and has a mortgage in her name only. Her parents and siblings reside in the same house, and the parents have been paying the mortgage payments for over 3 years.

The person has been unemployed for a long time and has a lot of unsecured debt. Would she be allowed to reaffirm the mortgage in Ch7 proceedings when the income is $0?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Yes. The bankruptcy does not require that she requalify for the loan.
Ellen and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you