How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A motion for relief was filed in my chpt 13 bk case. The paper

This answer was rated:

A motion for relief was filed in my chpt 13 bk case. The paper work shows that I have missed 3 payment which is incorrect . I have missed two but can make up one of those two payments now is it possible that I will be able to keep my house
Hi JACustomer,
Trustees will generally not take any action until 2 payments are missed. If you can prove that you only missed 2 payments, and can make one payment right away, you should be able to keep your house.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

to be clear by BK payments are current I missesd the payments to the mortgage company does that make a difference. will I still need to go to court the court date is scheduled for 7/21. The paper work was ran on the 28th a payment was made on the 30th .

Yes, that makes a difference, because mortgage companies tend to be stricter than trustees. However, in your case, there should not be a problem if you can bring the mortgage current by the hearing date.
cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you