Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I am in Chapter 13 having filed 1/09. I feel my case has been

Customer Question

I am in Chapter 13 having filed 1/09. I feel my case has been mismanaged and I have a motion from my lender, Texas Land Bank to stay the protection on my property. My lawyer is not and has not responded to my emails or calls in a timely manner. I was just told by the receptionist that there is a 24 hour policy...he may not even call today. Actually I have only had interaction with the attorney once, it is some kind of assistant that I am forced to deal with. My question is, what can I do to acquire proper legal representation?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.
You can fire your lawyer and they will withdraw from the case. You can seek out another attorney, but will have to pay them to represent you. Try the better business bureau or your local bar association. You can also go to court the day of the motion, get a continuance if you fire the lawyer, then talk to one of the debtor's attorneys there that day in court on other motions. You can change lawyers, it just won't be cheap, or easy to find one willing to jump in the middle of a case. Thanks. Good luck.