Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

We are creditors (non-dischargeable debt). Accessed bankruptcy

We are creditors (non-dischargeable debt). Accessed bankruptcy court website and said Status: contact attorney. What does that mean?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

It usually means that there is a problem with the bankruptcy filing or the case progressing. You will want to contact the debtor's attorney for details. If you are unable to obtain details from the debtor's attorney, you can contact the trustee
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What would keep a case from progressing? We have had problems with attorneys. As a matter of fact in civil suit Judge relieved attorney because he was prejudicial to our case. Could our not removing the wife's name be the problem?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
There could be a pending motion to dismiss. You will need to contact the attorney
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.