Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I have filed ch.13 pro se. A large proof of clain came in post

I have filed ch.13 pro se. A large proof of clain came in post hearing. It is a secured debt that must be paid 100%. But to do this I have to modify my three year plan. Can I stay in the below-state- median- income- three-year-plan. That is I would go from 36 to a 59 month plan. The numbers do work but is it allowed? Thanks, Corinne
Hi. Yes. The 3 year below median income is just the minimum commitment, you can stretch up to 60 months as your budget and debt requires. You can file a modified plan to account for the secured claim and add on the other extra months as needed. Should be no problem. thanks for your question, and good luck.