Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

I have a Replevin hearing Friday and I am afraid I have no

I have a Replevin hearing Friday and I am afraid I have no options left to keep my motor home except filing a chapter 13, requesting a cram down on the value of the MH and making B of A except payments for 60 months. What is the minimum I need to do to file and get stay? Do I have to have everything ready like means test, assets and expenses, etc. or can I get that in shortly after. I am afraid I won't have much time after the hearing. Thanks.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
You can file what's called a skeleton petition and then file the balance of the forms at a later date. Once the petition is filed the automatic stay is in effect and the replevin action cannot take place absent consent of the bankruptcy court. The skeleton petition is sufficient to invoke the automatic stay.

Here the forms:
http://www.uscourts.gov/FormsAndFees/Forms/BankruptcyForms.aspx

good luck