Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

i went to my meeting of creditors yesterday. it was continued

i went to my meeting of creditors yesterday. it was continued to september. i know that the trustee is going to question me about my contributions to charity which i cannot document & are listed on my tax form. i think he'll ask me about my laundry costs that i also cannot document-part of which is uniform cleaning- which is also on my tax form. my lawyer does not think that bank statements will be asked for-& that it's all about the Plan in Chapter 13. am i in trouble?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Nothing in your post indicates that you would be in any trouble. There typically is two hearings in a chapter 13 bankruptcy. The first hearing is the 341 -- also known as the First Meeting of Creditors. The 2nd hearing is the plan Confirmation Hearing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the thing is will the trustee trigger an IRS Audit
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
it would not be typical to have an IRS audit in a bankruptcy