Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Thank you Terry L. for answering my last question. It does

Thank you Terry L. for answering my last question. It does raise another question. If I filed bankruptcy to get rid of the two credit card payments I'm paying on (both are settlements by a law firm, total $500/month) does this affect other things I don't want it to? For example, my car payment. Or if it did get me out of my car payment, does that mean they will take my car? My car payment is $417/month and it's paid for Feb 2012.
Thanks again.
All debts are listed down in the bankruptcy. You can chose to reaffirm the secured debt like your car, stay current and you can keep it. If you don't want your car, you can also surrender it, and not owe another dime.