socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

I need a sample motion for release of stay -- mother/debtor

I need a sample motion for release of stay -- mother/debtor in arrears in child support obligation -- found to be in contempt and resultant payroll deduction order -- thereafter mother filed for Chapter 13 -- father needs arrearages/income deduction order not to be stayed
Submitted: 6 years ago via LawDepot.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Each Federal District Court has its own local rules, so there is no single motion document that would fit every person's circumstances. There is usually a local form for the bankruptcy court that you can modify to request relief from stay.

If you tell me which bankruptcy court the debtor has filed in, I can try to locate the form for you.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. I can modify a draft motion for release of stay. I am in the Eastern District of Virginia. Do you have such a motion?

I have uploaded a sample for the Eastern District of Virginia. The .zip file contains five doucments, and is for a foreclosure lift of stay, however, the format would be identical for a child support motion.

See this link.