Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

i live in Va and im in the midle of filing a chapter 7 ( case

i live in Va and im in the midle of filing a chapter 7 ( case is not close)
Can i start a small construction company under my name. will it affect me and if it does how? can they go and take money from companies bank account.
Hi and thank you for your question.
You can start up a business after filing, before discharge. Generally, anything that happens after filing is all on you. If you knew about the change in income when you filed, it should be reflected on schedule I estimated changes at the bottom. Otherwise, starting the business shouldn't have any impact. Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So what you are saying is that i can go ahead and start a business. but mi concern is the money that flows in to the bank accounts can they take that.
The snapshot the court takes is on the date you filed the case, not today, so you should be fine.