cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I live in Arizona i was audited by the state of Oregon in 2007 for tax Years 200

I live in Arizona i was audited by the state of Oregon in 2007 for tax Years 2003 and 2004 I filed for chapter 7 march 28 2008 and went to court may first 2008 the 2003 and 2004 were in the petition and it was vacated along with other debts with the bankruptcy. The State of Oregon writes me a letter last July saying that my 2004s survived bankruptcy because even though they were 3 years old and 160 days after assessment
bankruptcy was filed 12 days short of April 15 Th
and they sent me a distrait Warrant for Jackson county Oregon Can the do anything to me in Arizona? and what is the standard for dismissing
income taxes 3 years old from the date filed or three years old from April 15Th?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
Hi bigrig,
Taxes that are due more than 3 years before filing can be discharged. The due date is April 15, not the day the return was actually filed, unless there was an extension filed, in which case the due date is October 15.
If Oregon has a judgment, it can be executed in Arizona.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a judgement where? in Oregon or Arizona
Oregon would probably get the judgment in Oregon, which could be used in Arizona.