Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

i am a disabled tenent living in a home that was foreclosed

i am a disabled tenent living in a home that was foreclosed on. I paid rent on time and never received any notice of what was going on with my rental property. The owner filed a bankruptcy i found out. I was able to receive info on order modifying 362 automatic stay. What are my rights? I was told house was for sale. I never was told or received notice to leave this house. I also might be able to make cash offer to bank to stay here. Will i be evicted and how long as home has all my lifes possessions. The other tenant recently had stroke. We are very ill and upset as owner took at least 12,000.00 in rent. Home is in fair shape now. Landlord took all curtains and appliances told us not to worry. We had no heat or ac when he took possessions. We fixed unit. Can you help. I'm disabled.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
under federal law if the house is sold in a foreclosure, the new owners have to hone your lease, if their is no lease they have to send you a 90 days notice, and then they can start an eviction procedure, in many cases the bank keeps the property, and will not bother with any eviction.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was thinking about you would tell me how much time is left in home and should i worry about being evicted due to no 90 day notice or what order of modifying 362 automatic stay means. The home is owned by the bank. The former owner just filed bankruptcy. The landlords were her parents. We received no paperwork except a Sheriff Sale on our front door. My concern is can they take legal action against myself or other tenant on the lease