Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I need a Bankruptcy lawyer ONLY to answer my question. I am

Customer Question

I need a Bankruptcy lawyer ONLY to answer my question. I am in the state of Florida. I filed for bankruptcy. I disclosed in my schedule/petition that I owe my parents money for my car & that they paid it off. (I have borrowed $40,000) from them and pay them monthly to reduce my debt. My bankruptcy trustee asked for my title to the car. When I found it, it was paid off in 2007. My parents loaned me money in 2008. So I made an honest mistake thinking my parents had paid it off when I later remembered my bank loan did. What should I do? Will my trustee have access to the bank loan that paid it off? I do not want to get caught in a lie. I have a creditor's meeting tomorrow. I also don't want my car taken from me. It's my only source of transportation to work and to take my son to daycare.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
What type of car do you have? Year, make, model, mileage?