Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I filed bankruptcy in 2005. My mtg. co. would not resign.

Customer Question

I filed bankruptcy in 2005. My mtg. co. would not resign. They send me notices of the amount I would be owning it stated it was not a bill. This lasted for 3 months? Then I started getting regular bills for the mtg. Then a few month ago I get a letter from the lending institution asking me do resign a new deed of trust. I refused, after a few more threating letters it stopped. Then I get a statement form the county stating that my loan has been paid off. My question is a want those five years of payments including interest and punititive damages, mental stress, etc.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
1) Was this a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
2) When you said you received a letter from the county stating that the mortgage had been paid off, do you mean that you finished paying the mortgage, so that you own the home free and clear?
3) What is your legal question? (What would you like to know?)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It was chapter 7, Oct 31, 2005. The letter from the county stating that the mortgage has been paid off, per Wells Fargo stating that the $82,000 home equity line had been paid off through bankruptcy. The could not find the deed for the property and they tried several time to get me to sign a new Deed Of Trust? I never replied to these request that were getting intimidating this was about Oct 2009. My question is that Wells Fargo back in Nov-Dec 2005 sent me notices of the payment that had been missed, but it "was not a bill" as stated on the top of the notice. Then about February 2006 I started getting regular bills again. So, I have been paying this loan for 5 years, Aug 2009, I want my payment money back, plus interest, and damages.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Christina never replied back after she asked for more information.
I had to opt out, because could not answer your question. Still waiting for someone else to answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Still waiting for a reply I did ask the question again.