Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

If your bankruptcy is discharged after one year will it remain

Customer Question

If your bankruptcy is discharged after one year will it remain on your credit profit? For the past several years my social security insurance statement remains the same in terms of benefits. What can I do to increase my benefits since in two years I will be 66 years old not collecting any benefits yet?
Submitted: 6 years ago via Nolo Press.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
what are you trying to accomplish
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Under chapter 7 if bankruptcy is discharge within two years can it be removed from credit profit and can I obtain a loan to purchase a house? I have a mobile home in Green River Village,but I'm being forced out of mobile park because rent was'nt paid on time. The mobile home is very difficult to sell along with other mobile homes in park. The market value is 0 for my mobile home. The outstanding balance is around $65,000.So I would like to purchase a house within two years with low mortgage payments.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

A bankruptcy may remain on your credit report for up to 10 years. However many lenders will extend a mortgage 2 years after a bankruptcy.