socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

Can I reschedule my bk court date

Customer Question

Can I reschedule my bk court date
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Are you talking about the 341 hearing?

NOTICE: Due to overwhelming customer demand for my time, I am forced to limit our correspondence to only one follow-up question per session. If you are on a subscription plan, this does not prevent you from asking new questions for the same subscription fee. It only means that you must open a new question to continue our conversation. You are welcome to open a new question on the Homepage and preface it with my userid: “To Socrateaser.”

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is no specific rule concerning this issue (believe it or not). The 341 meeting is controlled by the bankruptcy trustee, not the court. So, if you want to reschedule, you would have to obtain the trustee's consent. Just call up the trustee and see whether he/she will accommodate your request.

Hope this helps.