Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

i recently filed bankruptcy and getting my home foreclosed.

i recently filed bankruptcy and getting my home foreclosed. the mortgage company is countersuing and froze my bank account - the account is a payee account, i manage my son's social security check and social security just paid 5000 past benefits to that account. can the mortgage company really get my son's money?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
HI and thank you for your question.
If you filed bankruptcy, they will have to stop the lawsuit.
Notify their lawyer of the case # XXXXX the action will stop and they will release the hold on the bank account. If your case is not filed, then you need to answer the citation notice regarding who's funds those are. If they are your son's, then the judge will order them released too. Notify your lawyer immediately to send over the bankruptcy info.