rayanswers
rayanswers,
8534270

I have been divorced for 7 yrs and would like to change my

I have been divorced for 7 yrs and would like to change my name to my mother's maiden name. I filed chapter 13 in 2005 because of Katrina. My last payment on my chapter 13 is Oct 2010, I am paying off all of my debt except for the house that was flooded. How long do I have to wait after the bankruptcy to change my name in Texas?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Once you are discharged here in October then you woudl file name change petition here.It is real simple and somethign you can do here yourself in district court where you live.
rayanswers,
Experience: 

Free form here..

Petition for Change of Name of Adult

Name of Petitioner:_____________________________ In re: Change of Name of Adult
From: _____________________________
To: _______________________________

Petitioner makes the following declaration:

1. Birth Date and Place: Petitioner was born on _______________________, ______ in ________________________ [city], ________________________ [county], ________________________ [state]. A certified copy of petitioner's birth certificate is attached to this petition.

2. Birth Name: Petitioner was named ____________________________________________ at birth, and as of the date of this petition, the Petitioner has always been known by that name, with the following exceptions, if any:
_____________________________________________________________________________
[list all legal names previously held].

3. Residence: Petitioner resides at _______________________ [insert residential address] and has lived at this address for ________ [insert length of time in months or years at this address].

4. Petitioner's Parents: The father of the Petitioner is named ______________________________________________, and he resides at _____________________________________________________________________________ [insert residential address of father]. The mother of the Petitioner is named ______________________________________________, and she resides at _____________________________________________________________________________ [insert residential address of mother].

5. Reason for Name Change: Petitioner seeks to change his or her name to ______________________________________________ and offers the following reason(s) for seeking to do so:
_____________________________________________________________________________.

6. Legal and Creditor Status: Petitioner does not have any outstanding judgments, has never been convicted of a crime, and is not involved in any pending legal actions.

7. Additional Declarations: In addition to the foregoing statements, the Petitioner further declares:
[insert additional declarations, if any].

NOW, THEREFORE, the Petitioner requests that the court order the Petitioner's name changed as follows:

From: ____________________________________________
To: ______________________________________________

Verification

I, ______________________________________________[name of Petitioner], affirm under penalty of perjury that I am the Petitioner in the foregoing Petition to Change Name of Adult and that all statements in this Petition are accurate to the best of my knowledge.

_____________________________________________ _________________
Petitioner's Signature Date

_____________________________________________
Petitioner's Address, Line 1

Petitioner's Address, Line 2

Subscribed and sworn to before me on this ____ day of __________________, 20_____.

__________________________________
Notary