Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

we are currently going thru forclosure, weve tried going thru

Customer Question

we are currently going thru forclosure, we've tried going thru loss mitigation but our case is still in review. Its been 6 months, now our house is currently up to sale in two weeks but we havent heard anything still from loss mitigation which still hasn't released the case, what should we do.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Absent a voluntary forbearance by the lender, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy is the only alternative at this point.

A Chapter 13 bankruptcy would immediately stop the foreclosure action. It could permit you to set up a plan to reinstate your mortgage arrearages. In other words, it could allow you to pay the arrearage over a 5 year period.

It would be best to retain an attorney. If you cannot, you will want to purchase the forms on line and file them yourself prior to the sale. After you file the petition, you will need to notify the plaintiff.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER