Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

With regard to the question earler, can the creditor find out

With regard to the question earler, can the creditor find out about the $40K that the court award me? If yes, how?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.
Yes, they can find out. The suit is a matter of public record,and can easily be found by a search of public records.
Second, you need to disclose all assets, so this would need to be listed on schedule B of your bankruptcy petition.
Third, you have to list all suits on your bankruptcy statement of financial affairs that you were a party to in the 12 months leading up to your filing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I wasn't asking about bankruptcy. If I don't file bankruptcy. I want to know how my creditor will find out if they got a judgment against me?