Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

WHAT NORMELY HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE FILED A BANKRUPTCY IN JAN.

WHAT NORMELY HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE FILED A BANKRUPTCY IN JAN. 1 2005 UNDER OLD LAWS AND YOU HAVE PAID OUT YOU PAYMENTS UNDER A CHAP[TER 13 PLAIN. BUT YOU HAD LA STATE TAX REFUND FOR GAMBLING WINNINGS WITHHELD BUT DID NOT WIN AS MUCH AS YOU LOST FOR THE YEAR.DOES THE COURT MAKE YOU PAY THEM THE AMOUNT OF THE REFUND FOR STAE TAX.my plain stated i had to give the court all tax refunds but it did not state fed. refunds or state tax refunds.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

It is best to inform the trustee of the refund and let him decide if he wants it turned in. Failure to do so, could be see as a violation of the plan commitment and prevent or delay a discharge.

Please click "Accept" so that I can get credit for this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I ALLSO RECIVED A 600.00 REFUND LAST YEAR OWN THE STEMELESS PACKAGE AND I CALLED TRUSTEE OFFICE THEY SAID PUT IT IN THE BANK AND THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW IF I HAD TO PAY IT TO THEM.ALLSO THE STATE TAX REFUND WAS OWN LAST YERS INCOME TAX FORM I MAILED TO TRUSTEE OFFICE.WHAT IS IS THE WORST -SENARO YOU THINK COULD HAPPEN IF I JUST WAIT AND SEE.
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.
Well, the worst they can do is tell you that you are committing a fraud upon the court and deny your discharge. You have come so far, why risk it.