WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I own properties along with my miserable ex-wife. Her name

Customer Question

I own properties along with my miserable ex-wife. Her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed of all 3 houses but not on any of the mortgage. During the course of this divorce I have been living in one of the house, another one is rented and the last one was occupied by her t'il Jan '10. She since decided to get out of the property she was living in and she is stiffing me with the $2400.00 mortgage of the house. She knows her name is XXXXX XXXXX the mortgage and if I default the bank will come after me. Here is my question, If I totally default, will the bank ever come after her or give negative feedback to her credit report since she is a legal owner of the house?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
the mortgage company reports a default only on the holders, however since her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed, issues like the property tax utilities, that were in her name would report to the credit bureaus especially if they get a judgment against her. Also, if your divorce decree stated she was responsible for that home mortgage, consider taking her to family court to enforce the divorce settlement, and ask for some compensation for this.