Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

We signed for our daughter to buy a house 20 some years ago--she

Customer Question

We signed for our daughter to buy a house 20 some years ago--she filed for bankrupcy 5 years ago, and now we are getting a letter from Department of Justice in Ky. about a warning order. We do not understand this and want to know our options and what we should do about it.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

did your daughter default on the mortgage payments?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, and we knew nothing about it until she told us they were going to foreclose. We got no notice or anything about it. She tried to pay her back payments when she got her income tax check back but they wouldn't accept it. Several people tried to buy the house at that time, and FHA would not respond. The house has been sitting empty for the last 5 years. When my daughter declaared bankruptcy then, they told her she was free and clear of it. We received no notices or anything at any time of the foreclosure.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
Hello,.

unfortunately it appears that the lender is now attempting to collect from you for the unsatisfied portion of the loan. I suggest you retain local legal counsel to assist you in negotiating