Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

my sister is filing bankruptcy chapter 7 and she has been making

Customer Question

my sister is filing bankruptcy chapter 7 and she has been making monthly payments to me because took took money from our parents estate do i need to show us a her hearing of creditors
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.
Her payments to you should be disclosed to the court on her statement of financial affairs. The loan from the estate would be dischargeable as well. in reality though, she can pay back the estate if she wants to after the case is over. You can appear if you want to at the 341 hearing, but it isn't necessary. The trustee represents all the creditors, so if they find assets, you would receive a proof of claim to file to get your (the estate's) share. Thanks for your question, and good luck.