WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I had loaned throughout the course of a few years a total of

I had loaned throughout the course of a few years a total of $250,000 to a friend. Now I found out that he is filing bankruptcy and has claimed to put the amount of money I gave him in the bankruptcy. Is this possible?!

He could list the debt in his bankruptcy, but I would hire a bankrutpcy attorney to represent you in his filing, as a creditor you can file a proof of claim, challenging his bankruptcy and make the case that it is fraud, and you can make a claim for any property or assets he has.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you very much.

That is a bitter sweet answer, but at least it is better than nothing.

Because he has basically ruined my credit and financial status and character due to his neglegance, is there anything that can be done to protect me credit from this?

you could always sue him, but these are civil actions, and his bankruptcy filing would wipe it out anyway. If he has any property you could claim it through his bankruptcy.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you! I know what I need to do now. You have been an amazing help.
try to settle with him now before a filing of bankruptcy.