WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

i files for bankrupt. 5 years ago. If I by accident pay one

i files for bankrupt. 5 years ago. If I by accident pay one of the bills, do I have to get a lawyer to get that payment back??
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
if you paid them after the bankruptcy, you can get your money back, I would contact them again, and advise them you do not owe the debt and the money they took was in violation of federal bankruptcy law.

A bankruptcy attorney could write them a letter, but you can also do this, it is only worth the costs if it is a significant amount of money. The other option is go to federal bankruptcy court and see if the trustees office may write the letter for you.