WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Hi! I work for a credit card company. My income has gone

Hi! I work for a credit card company. My income has gone down significantly and need to file BK. I have several credit cards that will be included in this BK, probably CH 13. One is from the company I work for. Do I need to be concerned about this affecting my job?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
was it a credit card or company advance or loan, also does your employer take money out of your pay for the debt?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello! What additional info do you need?
A bankruptcy will not hurt yor standing at your job, however their is one exception where it may, that is if you work in the financial industry handling money for people, like an investment banker etc. Also, federal law prohibits discrimination or termination from a job if you have filed for bankruptcy.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello! Just for clarification, it was not a credit card or company advance or loan. The payment is not taken from my pay. It was a regular credit card I applied for and have had for several years. My old company merged with the company I now work for which is who I now hold this cc with. I am looking at a management job in a branch rather than working in the cc dept and am concerned if I file BK that this would affect my standing as a Manager at a branch. I would not be investment banking, rather in the retail line, such as managing a local branch that does teller transactions, opening checking accts, ect.. So this should not be an issue? Do I have to let my job know that the cc I have with them I will be including in my BK?
this should not be an issue at all.