How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and me filling jointly chapter 7 bankruptcy in Idaho.

Resolved Question:

My husband and me filling jointly chapter 7 bankruptcy in Idaho. We own 2 cars,one is ford 250 year 2000 retail value 12000 dollars and another one is 1995 hun. elantra not driveable since august 2009 ( junk car no value).We want to keep ford truck and I need to
Know can we double car exemption ( in state Idaho 5000 dollars per vehicle) because we
have one car in driveable condition.
Submitted: 7 years ago via Nolo Press.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.
Each debtor can claim the $5000 bankruptcy exemption in a motor vehicle. Only the homestead exemption cannot double
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you