Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

What would be a reasonable price to pay an attorney to do a

Customer Question

What would be a reasonable price to pay an attorney to do a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy? Is there any price break for having all the information together to turn over?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

A typical Chapter 7 bankruptcy will run approximately $1500-$2500. If you have a good deal of your work done you may be able to find an attorney to take your case at $1500
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate your reply. I am just looking to see what I would have to do for this. I cannot take the phone calls and pressure to pay when I don't have money. I will have to wait as I do not have $1500. and not sure how I could save up for it. Thanks for your information.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
very often a bankruptcy attorney will take payments for the fees and take your creditor calls while you are making payments
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
FLAandNYLawyer I am new to this and ashamed of it. I did not know if I could do this myself but it does look somewhat complicated. Can it be done online? Who would go to court with me? I am looking for all the ways I could do the work to keep my cost down as much as possible.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
It is complicated and I would suggest that you retain legal counsel.You can shop around in your area for an attorney willing to work on a payment plan.You are not alone. There are many people in your situation. Best of luck to you.