Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I want to know EXACTLY what form to forward to a collection

I want to know EXACTLY what form to forward to a collection company to receive a refund of monies garnished after I have filed bankruptcy. I filed pro se so I NEED TO KNOW.
You should send a copy of your bankruptcy notice.(called the 341 notice of meeting of the creditors) They should be listed on your schedule F, so you can attach a copy of that too.
Finally, send them a form letter requesting all funds taken from the date of filing. YOu should really direct this to the attorney listed in the lawsuit, as they will be familiar with the bankruptcy rules. You should also send notice to your payroll department to make sure they stopped the garnishment deductions. Thanks for your question and good luck to you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont undrstand, what is a "form letter" and "schedule F"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the schedule F but what is a form letter
By form letter, just write them a note, give the case #XXXXX date of filing, and a note to stop the garnishment because the case was filed. It can be simple document, then sign it, and keep a copy for your records, and mail it with return receipt requested (that way you know they got it.) You can also fax them the same info as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, now you do realize I am asking for a refund of monies already taken from the date of filing..? they have stopped the garnimshment, it was just after I had filed and they took two more payments from the the day I filed
Yes, I understand. If they refuse, file a turnover motion in court.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you I'll try it and see how it goes...