Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me what the attorney

Customer Question

Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me what the attorney fees could possably cost us in NY state to file a chapter 7 and/or chapter 13 banckruptcy.
I am facing forclosure on my home with 2 mortgages, the first mortgage is 180k the second is 140k. My total Credit card debt is around 65-70k.
I am currently unemployed , since November of this year and my wife is on permanent disability. We have received the intent to foreclose notices about six months ago and it has finally reached the point i was hoping to avoid. We are really desperate and would appreciate any cost estimate's you could provide.

Thanks in advance,

Submitted: 7 years ago via Nolo Press.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
So sorry to hear of your troubles. A chapter 7 bankruptcy typically cost about $1500 to $2500. A chapter 13 bankruptcy typically costs about $2500-$3500