Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Hello. Unless something gives, I will soon be crossing over

Hello. Unless something gives, I will soon be crossing over that line from the good credit score / zero delinquencies zone into... well, the opposite zone. The array of services and the number of companies / attorneys that offer help along this line is simply overwhelming! I need help figuring out what kind of help I need -- debt management, bankruptcy, or maybe something I haven't even heard of yet. Even if your answer is simply to point me to some online resource that can help me sort this out, I would be satisfied. Thank you.
P.S. I realize that the offer I've made is not enough for an extended conversation about my situation, which this request may require. I am willing to pay more... thanks.
To start, you should set an appointment with a bankruptcy lawyer, they will offer a free consultation. You can also meet with a consumer credit counselor, check with your local better business bureau for a recommendation. Always chose a not-for-profit agency, that way you can be sure they have your best interests at heart. Also, talk with your creditors to see what they may be willing to assist you with. Keep in mind bankruptcy will be on your credit for 10 years. Many debt consolidations fail. Finally, any settlements by your creditors are taxable as income to you on the savings. If you have a specific question, let me know.