Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

i have a loan modification with my first leader wells fargo

i have a loan modification with my first leader wells fargo and things are going smoothly, i have a second mortgage with chase and things were going smoothly until i had to file bankrupcy on my cc cards and that kicked me out of the modification, now they are telling i miss my chance and will be charging me twice as much, so they are going to proceed with a forclosure. help!!!!!
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that the bankruptcy case was considered a breach of the loan modification, I've seen it many times. You need to renegotiate with your lender, to defer the default, or rewrite the entire note. Your other option is to refinance. You can try to file a chapter 13 to consolidate the arrears, but you need to show the court feasibility to pay the plan payments. Call your bankruptcy lawyer to review the situation. Good luck.