Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

I have paid a law firm that was advertising on TV to help with

I have paid a law firm that was advertising on TV to help with loan modification or money back if the couldnt.after all paper work was done and they confirmed that they couldnt and promissed to pay in an email. now 7 months later there no refund and they dont answer my calls any more, what to do?
Unfortunately you may be the victim of a scam. Contact the better business bureau as well as the Maryland State's attorney office and file a complaint. Those agencies may be able to assist you in getting your refund. Also file a complaint with the Maryland bar association, if they are licensed in Maryland, that will help get the matter resolved as well if they are found to have not lived up to their end of the bargain. Good luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I live in Maryland but this Law firm is in California but they were advertising on TV it was so convincing. I cheked tem on line and they were a ligitime law firm so I paid them and was promissed a refund several times I even have an email that states that my refund is on the way.

Contact the BBB, and contact the California bar association to file the complaint there. They may still be licensed in Maryland, so try there too, since they were doing business there. Good luck.