Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I just had my bank accts. froze in a garnishment and was very

I just had my bank accts. froze in a garnishment and was very upset since I was not notified by the creditor that this was going to happen. I did make payment arrangements in court which I had been paying but missed to payments. How can I rectify this and get my savings account money back, or can't I.

Thank you
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
you can either file a court injunction to have it lifted, settle with the creditor or file a bankruptcy, none of these options are good, but those are your only choices.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is filing an objection the same as filing an injuction? If so I did that this morning, should I make another payment even though they froze my accounts?
do not make any payments, but the objection is the same as an injunction, only make a payment when you get a guarantee that the accounts would be unfrozen.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, thank you. How would I find out if they have gone after my income tax returns as well? I just feel violated that they can take whatever they want from me without me even knowing is this right?
no, but they expect to handle the issue when the other files a conflicting return.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You have been helpful, thank you again.