Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I have a real bad credit problem, I havent been able to get

Customer Question

I have a real bad credit problem, I havent been able to get back in track for years now.. How do I go about filling for bankrptcy and how many years will it take before I can start to see a change in my credit?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

you need to file a chpater 7 bankruptcy, an attorney can help you, also their are places on the internet who will help you prepare the required paperwork.

You will first need to obtain a certificate of counseling from a debt counseling company and then file the petition. Go to the below site for more information on how to do it, it is too long and comlex for us to give you step by step directions.

But if your annual income is below the state mean average and your expenses are more than your monthly income you qualify. It will take 10 years for it to be removed from your record.